I just experienced the worst customer service I have ever encountered.I spent 324 dollars on shoes there, and decided I didn't like them.
I purchased them at full price three days ago, in Atlanta. The sales person kept the boxes and wrapped them for me, as I disclosed I would be traveling and packing them. She told me to write a review on Yelp, and I did. The other reviews made me cringe.
They were all about Marmi's contentious and restrictive return policy. Concerns I had about quality and durability began to build. I purchased them 15 minutes before closing time on the last day I was in town. I attempted to return them three days later, in my home state and city.
Just as the other reviewers indicated, my attempt was refused. Apparently, unless you have the box, you can only exchange these shoes. I believe the boxes are worth more than the actual shoes, and that is probably why. I asked if they could send them back to Atlanta for me, and they manager called to talk to the sales person.
She came back with a ridiculous story about the sales person informing me that the shoes were final sales without the box during my sale. I would have easily tossed out some travel sized toiletries to make the boxes fit in my suitcase, if that were an issue, and insisted on leaving with the box. We had even discussed the possibility that they might not fit as well once I got home, as my feet were swollen from walking all day. I called my sales person myself as I was upset by this falsehood, and told her she told me nothing of the kind, and she relented on that point.
I told her I would be returning to Atlanta on Tuesday, and she told me to bring them back with me, requiring that I uber to Buckhead to go back to Lenox mall from Marietta, and she would see what they could work out. This suggests another run around, when I really just want a REFUND.
I bought full priced shoes, never wore them, and want to return them.This should not be a problem.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Ease of Use|
|Layout of Store|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
You May Also Like
- "If you have a Lowes Credit Card the bank that they use is GE Capital Retail Bank according to the "Employee" on a Rip-Off Report Rebuttal Report Number 1140625. This..."
- " I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost..."
- "Since I purchased my home 8 years ago, I have yet to come outside my front door without noticing plastic bags, paper, plastic bottles, and debris from the 7-Eleven store..."
- "I tried to return a car battery and was told I would not be able to get a refund. The battery was bough 2 days prior to the attempted..."
- "My Sony Xperia which is real piece of work stopped working, no one could clearly hear me, the sound was garbled. After taking the phone to CPR (Cell phone repair)..."
- "I placed an order for groceries. I received confirmation. Order never arrived. Spent hours, 5, on the phone. Excuses. Horrible! Don't waste your time! No phone calls, no communication as..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."